EA SPORTS is not messing around and some FIFA 20 Global Series players are receiving a disciplinary action! By registering to compete in the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series, competitors agree to the FIFA 20 Global Series Rules. To be honest, who reads this? This kind of things always reminds of the episode from South Park with the Humancentipad. Anyways, read more in the article below.
Competitors must meet the standard of conduct that is reflected in our EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Rules and Code of Conduct.
- “As a FUT Champions Verified player, competitors may be held to a higher standard than other players, and may face higher levels of penalties than they would otherwise.”
The EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Rules and Code of Conduct allow for disciplinary action on players determined to be in violation per Section 3.10:
The following actions are being taken against players for the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Official Rules and Code of Conduct violations.
The players receiving disciplinary action are:
Disinvite from live event
FUT Champions Cup Stage II live event
Disinvited in response to messages sent in a Twitter chat group in which threats were made toward another player.
Specifically, the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Code of Conduct violation for which the player is being disinvited is:
- “Threats of physical violence…”
- “Publishing, posting, uploading or distributing content, or organizing/participating in any activity, group or guild that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful;”
Disqualification from all EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series competition and any future events scheduled beyond this season — effective immediately.
All future EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series competitive events and beyond.
Disqualified in response to messages posted on Twitter showing a commercial offer to collude with players in an attempt to influence the FIFA 20 Weekend League match results.
Specifically, the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Code of Conduct violations for which the player is being disqualified is:
- “Engaging in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of the Competition”
- “…colluding with other players in playing games”, and notably offering to play “ on behalf of another Competitor (…) to aid them in FUT Champions, Online Qualification Tournaments, or Live Events”
Disinvite from live event and one qualifier suspension from the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series.
- FUT Champions Cup Stage II live event
- FUT Champions Cup Stage III online qualifier
Disinvited and suspended in response to messages sent in a Twitter chat group in which personal, religious, and cultural attacks were made toward another player.
Specifically, the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Code of Conduct violation for which the player is being disinvited and suspended is:
- “(…) engaging in hate speech, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, or making personal attacks or statements about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.”
FIFA 20 is developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania and is now available worldwide on for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.