EA SPORTS previously announced that they are working extremely hard to substantially improve some of the basic elements of the gameplay that we can expect in FIFA 20 compared to FIFA 19. In addition, new gameplay features are added to the new FIFA that we provide below. have listed.
FIFA 20 introduces Football Intelligence, a complete gameplay rethink that unlocks a deeper level of football realism. With the new Authentic Game Flow, user-controlled Decisive Moments, and enhanced Ball Physics System, you’ll be put at the centre of the key moments in each match you play in FIFA 20.
Lead Gameplay Producer Sam Rivera talks in-depth about the new Gameplay-features in FIFA 20
Authentic Game Flow
Authentic Game Flow gives AI-controlled players an increased understanding of time, space, and position on the pitch, placing more emphasis on user-controlled play through new Dynamic One-on-Ones, enhanced AI Defending, and Natural Player Motion.
- Dynamic One-on-Ones: built using the game tempo from the world’s best leagues, an overhauled gameflow offers more true-to-life spacing and pace of play, resulting in more 1 on 1 opportunities putting emphasis on user-controlled Decisive Moments.
- AI Defending: an overhaul in the positioning and tackling system creates an environment for AI to better complement the user-controlled player. AI will offer intelligent defensive support, while rewarding and advantaging user defending.
- Natural Player Motion: with locomotion and positioning innovations AI players move in a more natural and composed fashion than ever before, creating realistic football movement for all players on the pitch.
Decisive Moments give you more control over the moments that determine the outcome of a match. From Composed Finishing in the final third to Controlled Tackling at the back, along with new Strafe Dribbling and a Set Piece Refresh, you’ll have increased input in the key stages of each game.
- Strafe Dribbling: the new strafe dribble mechanic adds more dimension to attacking options; enabling you to move with more agility than ever to lure your opponent in before beating him with speed or skill.
- Controlled Tackling: Using the Active Touch System, user-controlled defending is advantaged and rewarded through a variety of new tackle animations. The cleaner the tackle, the higher the likelihood of retaining possession of the ball.
- Set Piece Refresh: A system refresh gives deeper options for aiming direct free kicks and penalties and introduces more skill-based mechanics for ball-striking that are more rewarding than ever.
- Composed Finishing: An overhaul in the fundamentals of shooting will give you more consistent and clinical finishing, creating a more true-to-life shooting experience that better rewards authentic finishing and offers risk and reward in more difficult situations like volleyed crosses.
The new Ball Physics System elevates gameplay in FIFA 20 to a new level of realism, offering new shot trajectories, more realistic tackle interactions, and physics-driven behaviour.
- Football Informed Motion: an overhauled motion system introduces more authentic ball spins and bounces that play out with more realism than ever before, creating a more true-to-life football experience.
- New Shot Trajectories: with the new ball motion system a variety of realistic shot trajectories are unlocked, from technically dipping shots to knuckleballs, to swerved set-pieces and first-time rising shots.
EA SPORTS FIFA 20 launches worldwide September 27 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The demo for FIFA 20 will be released worldwide on September 12 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Read More about:
- FIFA 20 Pro Clubs: Customization – new Avatar-system for your Virtual Pro
- Read all about it: the new Gameplay-features in FIFA 20
- Release date and info FIFA 20 Ultimate Team Companion App